Wednesday, November 21, 2007

3000

"So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain."

- Guns 'N' Roses

I set out about 7:30 pm for a ride, deciding to head towards Lillibridge with the cross bike, unsure whether I'd go for the top or not. About halfway up the paved road it started to rain, it was settled I was going to the top of the hill now. The rain only secured my dedication. It was nearly 60° out and I was certainly a little overdressed, so I got rid of the gloves and glasses and unzipped my top layers as I hit the dirt road. On the way back down my head light went into flash mode and took me by surprise for a second, then I realized it was warning me the battery was about to die, which it did shortly there after. It's mighty dark in the woods, but my eyes adjusted and I was able to make out the dirt road as I crept down the hill. As I approached town I encountered more lights and it became easier to see.

I also surpassed 3000 miles of riding for the year. At least as far as the mileage I've marked into my bikelog diary. Many warm-up rides before races and other miscellaneous mileage doesn't get recorded.
At the top of Lillibridge - it's dark in the woods.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I don't think I've put 3,000 miles on my car so far this year. You're insane!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on breaking 3000!