Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring Travel

Travel has been my theme as of late. About a month and a half ago I made a trip to Washington D.C. metro area. With two uncles, a sister, and two good high school friends in the area it always makes for a busy visit. Three or four days just never seems enough time to spend the time I feel I need to with everyone.

A few weeks later I made a weekend trip to Florida to visit my brother and his family. Oddly enough, the weather that weekend was actually warmer in Connecticut than in Florida. I have to say, the weather in Florida that weekend was just about perfect for me. It was the type of weather I could get used to; sunny and warm, but not hot.










I was also able to meet up with up with my aunt and uncle in Stuart, just a few miles from my brother's house. They hosted me for a wonderful dinner.

The number of people out cycling in Florida made me rather anxious to get out and ride, but an injured shoulder and no bike, it was not to be.

I returned late on a Monday night, then that Thursday I took off yet again for D.C. I'd had so much fun during the recent visit there I really wanted to get back down before cycling season really took off for me. Being off the bike with the shoulder injury really opened up some weekends for me to take off and go do things in place of the usual training.

No comments: