Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter is here

Winter has arrived and we've gotten snow on a few different days in the last week, and it's actually sticking around. Despite the snow and cold temperatures I ventured out on the bike, mainly on the plowed roads. I ventured over to the canal trail, and found it to be unplowed, at least for a good 1/4 mile. The snow was so frozen and crusty it was a little more difficult than anticipated to get through. I had to jump off and run the bike two or three times. Then when I got to the plowed area it was smooth sailing, thank goodness.

Needless to say, all this snow has finally started to get me thinking about skiing. Numerous friends are already quite excited to hit the slopes, and some have already gone, but I just haven't been able to get very excited about it. A large group of us went to see the latest Warren Miller film on Friday night though, and I actually started to get a little motivation about at least getting my skis out of the closet. I guess it's time to come to grips with getting off the bike and participating in some more snow oriented sports (including driving).

No comments: