Friday, December 14, 2007

Encore!

So we thought we were done, BUT(!), there was one more race, as long as enough people preregistered. Well, enough people did, and so we were supposed to race this Saturday, the 15th. In fact I was so excited to run this course again I registered for two classes, the Men's cat 4/5 race and the Killer B's cat 2/3/4 race. However, a great snow storm left about 10 inches of snow on the course, so the promoter has decided to postpone the race until Jan. 6. So it has passed that Warwick was my last race as I will be at JFK getting on a plane for England that day. Perhaps I can convince them to race on January 5th instead.

Important Update: If I read things slightly more carefully it might be a good idea. The time I originally looked at on the itinerary for the flight to London was not the right thing. I realized that the flight doesn't leave JFK until late evening. SO... I'm back in (!!!!) Natz Schmatz Winter Cross for the 9:00 am race. If you are in the area that weekend, I strongly encourage trying this, just for the pure joy of being silly.

With the new fallen snow I was able to go out in the car and have some fun. After waiting until all rush hour mishaps were likely cleared I ventured out to the mall, while taking the opportunity to do a little sliding around on the snow covered roads. I was quite surprised to find I91 and I95 still very covered with snow. The mall was great, best night of the whole season to go, I saw at most about 8 or 10 customers in Sears. The employees had nothing to do except walk around the store.

No comments: