Sunday, September 14, 2008

One Season Ends and Another Begins

The riding has been on the light side lately, though suplemented with cross training. Running has entered the program on a regular basis, including bleachers and wind sprints. The change has been good, both mentally and physically.

The exercises have left my legs a little sore and tired, but I still managed to pull off a good ride on Saturday. The series final of the root 66 race series was held in Ware, MA. A few guys showed up in my class, 5 I believe. I pulled out a 2nd place finish on the rugged course. One 10.5 mile loop had a lot, especially after some wet times recently. High speed sections, tough and rough technical areas, killer uphills, mud pits and large puddles. It was a fantastic course to ride, and a fitting end to the mountain bike XC season.

On with Cyclocross now. I've and a few early season races and training races thus far, but the bigger races begin the coming weekend. On the list are Nittany Lion 'Cross and Charm City 'Cross, road trip anyone?

No comments: