Monday, September 15, 2008

Movin' On Up

It is now official, I've upgraded. I am no longer part of the Sport class in the Cross Country mountain bike racing discipline, nor am I a Category 4 racer in Cyclocross. After posting respectable results for two seasons and meeting the mandatory rule of a top five at the National Mountain Bike Championships I submitted my resume of race results to upgrade from sport to expert. The request was accepted and I will race next season as an expert, actually a Cat 1 XC mountain biker since they are changing the category system for 2009 in mountain biking.

USA Cycling also has a chart listing equivalent categories and since I am now an 'expert' I was also able to upgrade my Cyclocross category in parallel. I'd also met the minimum number of races needed to upgrade as the alternative reason. I will immediately begin racing in Cat 3 races in 'cross, beginning this coming weekend at Nittany Lion 'Cross and Charm City Cross. We will see how this pans out or if I'm in over my head.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Whoo! That's it, Scotty! Congrats, champ.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move up to expert!