Thursday, February 14, 2008

Motivator

It's been nearly three weeks since I was last on a bike for any kind of ride. I've been trying to be on a break so I don't mentally burn out too early in the season after this last season lasted so long. However, I find it quite difficult since I only find myself thinking about the events I plan on competing in and how I'd like to improve. Physically I think it's been a good break, I've been getting some swimming in and generally just keeping busy with other things.

I jumped on the trainer though tonight, and my lungs felt like I'd smoked a pack of cigarettes or something. It was as if there was no volume to them, at least not what they seemed to have the last time I rode. It served as a warm up for what I plan to be my early season training kick start. I'll be in San Francisco for an extended weekend getting around by bicycle, so I'm sure there will be plenty to write about upon returning.

No comments: