Sunday, August 3, 2008

More Nationals Nonsense

Following the pro women's race we watched the pro men's field. They started off mighty fast and intense. We headed out after the start to catch some views from various places on course. We watched the field come through the really steep sections and some people had some good rowdy cheering. Then few riders further down started motioning for more noise, and everyone started yelling more. I jumped up and started running beside one of them ringing the cowbell and yelling, he stood up and started cranking real hard. Just as he started pulling away from me he thanked me. Now I had to keep it up.

We walked further up the hill and as Adam Craig came through the next lap I started cheering him on and ran up the hill after me. He said something to me, but I couldn't really tell what it was since I was cheering and ringing a cowbell. Then as some other top contenders came through I ran beside them as well. It was all quite entertaining and a ton of fun. That pretty much concluded the weekend at Mount Snow and the National Championships.

No comments: