Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ride, Ride, Ride!

Two days, Four rides. All fun! I tuned up the road bike with a new chain, brake pads, bar tape and other minor tweaks Saturday morning then took the bike out for a ride. Twenty miles later, plus a stop at the bike shop to shoot the breeze I had a good ride in. After grabbing a quick bite to eat, it was off with the mountain bike for some rather technical riding. Despite the legs feeling mighty tired, I was getting through the technical stuff rather adeptly.

Sunday morning started early, too early to be awake and be happy. I headed up to the Bethel Spring Series for a little high intensity, high speed work, and my first criterium. It was cold. As a newly licensed roadie, I took part in the mighty short cat 5 race. My legs had nothing, and I was simply there for the workout, my only hope was that I could stay with the peleton for the entire race. I managed to do so, and even found myself near the front on a regular basis. If I'd had some legs I might have even contested the uphill sprint for the finish.

I packed up, headed out, stopped for breakfast #2 and swapped bikes. Another good mountain bike ride in the afternoon. The legs are pretty tired after all those rides, but it was all a lot of fun.

No comments: