Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tour de Cure 2008

With the creation of the Cycling Club at Sikorsky Aircraft, the leadership of employee participation in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure has fallen upon the club. The Tour de Cure is a fund raising bike ride, not a race, in which participants collect donations prior to the ride and on a designated date gather to celebrate what they've raised by going out for a bike ride together. The rides offered vary by location and often varying rides are offered at each location. Some do a handful of miles, others go for 100 miles.
Since I find myself in a leadership position within the club I find it obligatory to participate in one of our club's major charity events. As such, I will be riding the 100 mile route on June 8, 2008. I'm not usually one to ask for donations or participate in fund raisers, however I feel it my duty to ask those of you who find yourselves reading this blog to think about making a donation to the fight against diabetes. Any donation, big or small is welcome and I sincerely thank those of you who make a donation.

To make a donation surf over to my personal fund raising page and you'll find some links that will guide you in submitting your donation.

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=5002&px=3347272

No comments: